At the end of the programme, learners will be able to:
• Identify skill development needs
• Address skill development needs
• Motivate employee independence and development
1. YOU - Represent the Organisation
How can you represent the organisation well and be a good role model to the people around you? Organisational information is shared when new members join a company. Sometimes, depending on the roles accepted, information may be quickly shelved and overlooked. A competent leader exudes not only leadership qualities but is one who is capable of demonstrating the vision and principles of his organisation.
Learners will gain valuable understanding on the relationships between organisational guidelines and information that impacts business decisions and plans. They will be engaged in activities allowing them to practice identifying skill development needs through reviewing typical business plans.
The topics include:
• Organisation Information, Culture and Work Environment
• Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines
• Business Plans
2. YOU - Support Team Development
How can you progress in your own leadership role and develop the performance of your team members at the same time? Not every team member is created equal. Understanding your team and supporting them fully allows you to leverage on their strengths and mitigate their weaknesses. When you bring out the best of your people through positive communication or setting the right expectations, you get a definite commitment from your team and achieve your objectives. Identifying their developmental needs also help to boost well-being and team members’ morale.
The topics include:
• Responsibility – Your leadership role in the skill development of your team and your progression
• Communicate – Positive communication of team expectations and performance
• Accountable – Holding team members accountable in their skill developments
• Review – Evaluate and review performance to identify learning needs and opportunities
• Develop – Structure development plans to meet the needs of the business, performance and learners
• Support – Ways to encourage and support team members in increasing their capabilities
John Maxwell Highlights: Explore Leadership Behaviours (at Level 3: Production) and Lead-Down Principles to create a mometum and develop an environment of success.
Trainer : Trainee Ratio is 1:20
Participants who have successfully demonstrated competence in all the knowledge and skills requirements in this programme will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). This programme is offered on a modular basis only.
^Applicable for Singapore Citizen ABOVE 21 yrs & BELOW 40 yrs old / Singapore PRs
Prices are inclusive of GST and subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees
Individuals may enjoy UTAP and WTS funding. Terms and conditions apply. For more information, please
contact us at +65 6336 LHUB (5482) or email email@example.com.
When you sign in to your SkillsConnect account, please use the course reference number CRS-Q-0027584-LPM to find this course.