ES WSQ - Communicate and Relate Effectively at the Workplace at Operations Level
Use effective communication techniques to interpret, clarify, analyse and respond to information received, and use effective negotiation skills to resolve conflicts for a win-win outcome, taking into consideration social and cultural differences.
On completion of this unit, the participant will be able to perform the following:
- Interpret and analyse information received
- Plan response to information received taking into account the social and cultural background of recipient of information
- Use appropriate communication techniques that consider social and cultural differences to clarify and respond to information received
- Identify signs, stages and causes of conflict with individuals or groups of people
- Define the conflict and highlight points of differences/ contention objectively, taking into consideration social and cultural differences of parties involved
- Negotiate for mutually acceptable solutions by all parties using effective communication and negotiation skills
- Communicate outcome of negotiation and propose relevant recommendations with justifications to supervisor
Who Should Attend
The job role(s)/ occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include those whose skills, knowledge and work activities undertaken are represented by the level of complexity that fits into the following description:
Nature of Skills and Knowledge:
- For performing a narrow range of basic and routine work activities under a predictable work context.
- Mainly factual and procedural
Nature of Work Activities:
- Performed under clearly specified boundaries and close supervision
- Requires minimal judgement
- Some accountability
- Rely on standard operating procedures to solve problems
There are no entry requirements. However, Learners are assumed to:
- Be able to speak, listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualification (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 4
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES WSQ Workplace Numeracy (WPN) level 4
Medium of Instruction
Statement of Attainment (SOA) from Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
Price per pax (Total course fee)
Price after funding (For Corporate)
Price per pax after SDF Funding *
* SME funding is available for this course. Please contact us for more details.
* Terms & conditions apply.