ES WSQ - Solve Problems and Make Decisions at Managerial Level
Participants who attend this course will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to identify and examine causes of performance deficiency and their impact on systems and resources. Manage team dynamics in group discussion to identify root cause(s) and apply problem-solving tools and techniques to address performance deficiency.
On completion of this unit, learner will be able to:
- Appreciate the Classical Decision Theory Model and Behavioural Theory Model for decision making
- Collect relevant and current information on organizational performance standards and quality control policies
- Identify the type(s) of performance deficiency and examine the cause(s) and their impact on organization-related aspects
- Apply principles and techniques of group dynamics when facilitating discussions with team members
- Identify the root cause(s) for performance deficiency using appropriate group facilitation techniques
- Generate creative ideas in a team based on the three time horizons of short range, intermediate range and long range planning using appropriate idea generation and group facilitation techniques
- Shortlist the most viable ideas based on a set of pertinent criteria using appropriate problem-solving and decision making techniques and tools
- Evaluate the impact of shortlisted ideas using appropriate problem-solving and decision making techniques and tools
- Develop an implementation plan that addresses the root cause(s) of the performance deficiency by taking into consideration factors which affect effectiveness the implementation
- Evaluate effectiveness of the implemented solution by analyzing feedback gathered from relevant sources
- Develop a corrective action plan or any shortfall(s) identified in the implemented solution and conduct a follow up review of modification(s) made
- Formalise implemented solution as part of the organization’s current standard operating procedure (SOP)
Who Should Attend
The job role(s)/ occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include those whose skills, knowledge and work activities undertaken are represented by the level of complexity that fits into the following description:
Nature of Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to apply and contextualise skills and knowledge in a broad range of high level technical and professional work activities in a wide variety of context
- Sound understanding of theoretical concepts in a field of study
Nature of Work Activities:
- Requires significant organizational and resource management
- Performed under minimal supervision
- Requires a significant degree of judgment and decision-making
- Has substantial degree of individual accountability and autonomy within broad boundaries
- Pre-empts and/or addresses emergent and non-routine problems through well-deliberated guidelines
There are no entry requirements. However, Learners are assumed to:
- Be able to speak, listen, read and write English at a proficiency level not lower than the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualification (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 4
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level not lower than the ES WSQ Workplace Numeracy (WPN) level 4
Medium of Instruction
Trainer : Trainee Ratio: 1 : 20
Training Methodology: Written assignments and Role play
Statement of Attainment (SOA) from Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
Price per pax (Total Course Fee)
Price Type - For Corporate
Price per pax after SDF funding*
* Please contact us to find out what are the funding available for this course.
* Terms & conditions apply.
UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme) is available for union members.
With effect from 1 Jan 2012, NTUC members enjoys 50% claim on unfunded course capped at $500 per year, subject to $1,000 over 3 years. To apply, please visit http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg
. Conditions apply.