Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
The enhanced training support scheme for SMEs includes the following
A) Higher Course Fee Funding
SMEs will enjoy subsidies of up to 90% of the course fees when they sponsor their employees for Cat-A or Cat-B SSG funded courses. All employers of workers who meet the eligibility criteria for Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme will continue to receive course fee funding under the WTS scheme
|Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
||Up to 90% funding
|Cat-B SSG Funded Courses
||90% funding capped at $25/hour
||90% funding capped at $50/hour
|Cat-C SSG Funded Courses
B) Increased Absentee Payroll Cap
In addition to higher course fee funding, SMEs can also claim absentee payroll funding of 80% of basic hourly salary at a higher cap of $7.50 per hour, a significant increase over the normal cap of $4.50 per hour. All employers of workers who meet the eligibility criteria for Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme will continue to enjoy absentee payroll funding under the WTS scheme
Which Companies Qualify?
Companies and organizations which meet all of the following criteria can qualify for the enhanced training support:
- Organizations must be registered or incorporated in Singapore with minimum 30% local shareholding,
- Organizations group annual sales turnover not more than S$100 million OR the employment size are not more than 200 staffs,
- Trainees must be Singapore citizens or permanent residents of Singapore also qualify for higher funding for certifiable courses supported by SSG),
- Trainees should be fully sponsored by their organizations for all costs associated with the training programmes,
Trainees must be employed by their organizations,
- Trainees must achieve at least 75% attendance, and have sat for all examinations if the training programmes leads to certification.
Please note that SSG terms and conditions are applicable and may subject to change without prior notice.
How to apply for Training Grant?
Application for the SDF funding will be administered through SkillsConnect.
Companies can submit applications and claims through the online SkillsConnect platform and the funding will be awarded to those who meet the eligibility criteria.
The training grant application can be submitted from 30 days before the course start date and until up to 30 days after the course start date.
How to submit a claim for an approved training grant?
To know about submitting a claim for an approved training grant, click here.
Courses Eligible for this Funding Support
For a list of training programmes that are eligible for funding under this scheme, click on the below links.