Workfare Training Support (WTS) for Individuals
If you are a 35 years old and above Singaporean and earn not more than $2,000 per month, you can benefit from the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. WTS encourages you to attend training to upgrade your skills and improve your chances of being employed.
From 1 July 2013, WTS has been improved to provide greater benefits to you.
You can enjoy the following benefits under the improved WTS scheme:
- 100% funding support for selected basic skills training such as foundational skills in numeracy
- 95% course fee funding and absentee payroll for a wide range of courses
- Training allowance of $4.50 per training hour (for those who meet criteria)
- Receive cash awards of up to $400 per year under the Training Commitment Award (TCA), and up to $1,200 under the Continuing Education and Training Qualification Award (CQA).
How to Qualify?
You will qualify if you:
- are a Singapore citizen;
- are aged 35 years or over;
- have a monthly income of not more than $2,000; and
- have signed up for any WTS qualifying courses.
How to Apply?
You can apply for training allowance at your nearest SSG Career Centre at the Community Development Councils (CDCs) up to 30 days after course starts.
Alternatively, you may also apply for funding at the Self-Help Groups and NTUC if the course is supported by them and you meet their criteria.
When signing up for training or applying for funding, please bring your National Registration Identification Card (NRIC) and any of the following documents to demonstrate your eligibility to receive WTS course fee funding:
- WTS notification letter,
- Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) payout notification letter,
- Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) tax notification letter,
- SingPost receipt for CPF income declaration,
- Any 1 of your last 3 months' payslips, and
- Employment letter / contract dated not more than 3 months before course registration.
Please visit www.wsg.gov.sg or contact WTS Hotline at1800-5368-3333 for more information on WTS.
Which Courses are Eligible?
For a list of training programmes, with the course fee funding and absentee payroll cap under Workfare Training Support (WTS), click on the below links.