The WSQ course for operational level workers will help workers in the manufacturing industry gain knowledge and application skills in applying 5S in the manufacturing industry such as housekeeping rules, self-discipline and standards in the maintenance of a clean and tidy work area/ environment.
This WSQ module is suitable for technicians, backroom staff (administrative etc) in the manufacturing industry.
Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
Participants with the following competency ratings from the Employability Skills System (ESS) are eligible:
16 hours (2 days) inclusive of assessment hours
SEIRI – Clear unnecessary items from work area
SEITON – Organize work area in an orderly manner
SEISO – Clean work area
SEIKETSU – Maintain work area cleanliness
SHITSUKE – Maintain self-discipline in the work area
Theory – Knowledge, Comprehension & Discussion
Practical – Role-play, demonstration & case study.
Assessment – Trainee assessment will be conducted throughout the course
Practical and oral/written tests (1 hour) are conducted at the end of the training course
Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
Price are subject to changes.
Note: SkillsFuture Funding, >=21 yrs old : Applicable to Singapore Citizen/PR
SkillsFuture Funding, >=40 yrs old : Applicable to Singapore Citizen ONLY
Course reference code in SkillsConnect: CRS-Q-0008017-MF
Skills Development Fund (SDF) and SkillsFuture Funding:
· Participants must attend at least 75% of the course, complete the exam with a pass or competent result.
· Online applications are not applicable for companies applying funding with Absentee Payroll.
· Workforce Training Support (WTS) funding only applies to trainee who is 35 years old and above with a monthly income of $1,900 and below.
For Company Registration:
· Customers who are applying funding for trainee(s), please submit Training Grant applications in SkillsConnect website before registration.
· Training Grant number is to be submitted together with the registrations.
· Payment for the course must be using company cheque or via GIRO.
· For more information on SDF Training Grant application, please click here
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
· NTUC members enjoy instant* UTAP benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC Learninghub and Next U®.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.