Why The Hype With Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing was identified as a key technology transforming the digital landscape across sectors, according to a pilot study conducted on the Info Communication Industry (ICT) sector by the National Trades Union Congress’s (NTUC) Future Jobs, Skills and Training (FJST) unit in 2017. In the study, 30 participating employers also shared that cloud computing and solution development skills were emerging in-demand skills in the ICT sector.
To help address the demand for cloud computing and solution development skills in the market, NTUC LearningHub (LHUB) approached Amazon Web Services (AWS), the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, and NTUC’s Employment and Employability Institute (e2i), to develop a programme to raise cloud computing literacy among working Singaporean adults, and to build competencies among those who require deeper cloud-related knowledge and skills.
What’s So Special About AWS Educate Programme?
Participants enrolling in LHUB’s SFDW course (infused with content from AWS Educate) and as well as the two upcoming courses – “Fundamentals of Cloud Computing” and “Fundamentals of IoT” will receive access to AWS Educate Portal.
As a registered student under AWS Educate programme, participants will
- Receive AWS Educate Starter Account (this comes with up to USD 75 worth of AWS credits, with which students can consume cloud services available on AWS)
- Gain free access to online labs
- Get free access to curated content for homework, labs or self-study
- Earn digital badges that showcase cloud skills
- Access to job board and job postings
|Fundamentals of Cloud Computing||Fundamentals of Internet of Things (IoT)|
Original Course Fee (before GST)
Promo Course Fee for first 100 signups (for each course)
Fee Payable after 50% e2i funding (capped at $15/hr)
Nett. Investment for Company-Sponsored Candidates & Individual-Sponsored (Non-union Members)
|$100.00 + $14 (GST on promo course fee) = $114 nett||$100.00 + $14 (GST on promo course fee) = $114 nett|
Nett. Investment after UTAP claim* (by Individual Sponsored union members)
|$50.00 + $14 (GST on promo course fee) = $64 nett||$50.00 + $14 (GST on promo course fee) = $64 nett|
Upcoming Cloud Computing Courses
Fundamentals Of Cloud Computing
- Understand Cloud Computing and how it works
- Understand the benefits of Cloud Computing
- Understand the application of Cloud Computing in real-world business cases
- Use various AWS services such as EC2, S3, Console, Lambda, IoT, and more.
- Build a simple project that leverages the Cloud Computing.
Course Schedule: 30 & 31 July (2 Days/14 Hours)
Fundamentals Of Internet Of Things
- Understand Cloud Computing & Internet of Things, and how it works
- Understand the benefits of Cloud Computing and Internet of Things
- Understand the application of Internet of Things in real-world business cases
- Use various AWS services such as Console, Lambda, IoT, and more.
- Build a simple project that leverage the Cloud Computing and Internet of Things.
Course Schedule: 2 & 3 Aug (2 Days/14 Hours)
Who Should Attend
Participants who have completed SFDW, and are looking to progress further. In addition,
- Anyone seeking Cloud Computing / IoT Foundation
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted Cloud Computing / IoT, and who need to be informed about, or contribute, to an ongoing service improvement programme.
- Everyone interested in
- Aligning Cloud computing services with business
- Applying the Cloud Computing to their business
- Improving IT service quality, and
- Balancing IT resources in the most effective manner through Cloud Computing