NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF035
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0035754-ICT
Blockchain is hailed as a major disruptor to many industries, but what exactly is it? Blockchain technology is currently a hot topic in the Tech industry and displays great exponential growth in usage, but how can it be used? This one-day course provides a general overview of this technology and designs to answer:
- What exactly is Blockchain?
- How does Blockchain Technology work?
- Why should your organisation’s business consider this?
- Where and for what apps is it appropriate?
- Who is using it and for what?
- How do I Implement this?
- What is the future for Blockchain?
- Understand how blockchain came about and its development over the last few years
- Understand the basic concepts and core principles of blockchain technology
- Learn the benefits of Blockchain and its use cases
- Gain an understanding of the adoption and implementation of Blockchain
No credit or certification pre-requisites required to take this course.
- What is Blockchain?
- Technology Overview
- History of Blockchain
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin) & Blockchain
- Non-Technical Technology Overview
- Public Ledgers
- Key Concepts such as on Cryptography, Hashes, Distributed & Peer to Peer Technologies
- Digital Tokens
- Smart Contracts
- Bitcoin Mining
- Security concepts such as Authorisation & Authentication
- Benefits of Blockchain
- Value of Blockchain
- Value of Smart Contracts
- Role & Value of Digital Tokens
- Common misconceptions about Blockchain and Limitations
- Use Cases
- When is it appropriate or not appropriate to use Blockchain?
- Digital Wallets & Payment Systems
- Money Transfers, Transaction Tracking & Management
- Record Keeping and Asset Management
- Financial Settlements, Securities Transactions and Contracts
- Industry Adoption
- Who is using it and for what?
- Financial Services such as for Banking, Insurance, Securities & Trading Industry
- Legal, Healthcare, Real Estate, Education, Supply Chain Industry
- How do I get started?
- Requirements Definition & Business Use Case
- Proof of Concept Development
- Tools & Technology Infrastructure
- Deployment Strategy
- What does it cost to use this technology?
- Future of Blockchain
- What is its future?
- Industry Outlook
Certificate Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course and assessment, you will also be awarded with the following SOA by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG):
- ICT-SNA-4003-1.1 Strategy and Architecture
PDUs for Maintaining PMP Credential
This course is eligible for PDU Credits. Upon successful completion of this course, Project Management Professional (PMP) credential holders will be awarded 7 PDUs. Applicants need to access the PMI CCR System at https://ccrs.pmi.org/search/ to claim their PDU points with the following details:
Provider ID: 3163
Activity ID: NICF035A
Activity Name: Fundamentals of Blockchain for Business Professionals (SF)
To view the full listing of courses that is eligible for PDU points, visit https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/pdu-points/
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee Ratio is 1: 25
|Original Course Fee
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees