READY FOR A BREAKTHROUGH?
Service Innovation is one of the most powerful ways to achieve business excellence in today’s market field. With Design Thinking fundamentals equipped in this programme, participants can apply these user-centric concepts across businesses such as product development and design, service touch-points, value-creation and enhancements and even to individuals and their personal lives.
Participants will undergo the Design Thinking framework, understand key insights, work through idea generation and evaluation as well as rapid prototyping through a series of interactive and fun activities. Learn the importance of framing insights, the desirability-viability-feasibility criteria model and the concept of minimal viable product / service.
Next available schedule
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to :
- Recognise the importance of service innovation
- Generate service innovation ideas to transform the customer experience
- Evaluate service innovation ideas
- Present a mock-up of service innovation ideas
Participants should be able to speak, listen and read English at a proficiency level not lower than the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualification (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 3.
1. Recognise the importance of Service Innovation
- Definition of Service Innovation
- Importance of Service Innovation
- Different types of Service Innovations
2. Generate Potential Service Innovation Ideas to Transform the Customer Experience
- The Service Innovation Process
- Your Role in Service Innovation
- Enablers of Service Innovation
- Sport REAL Serivce Innovation
- Investigate Opportunities
- Diverging and Converging
- Two Methods of Dreaming – S.C.A.M.P.E.R and Picture Simulation
3. Evaluate Potential Service Innovation Ideas according to Organisational Criteria
- Evaluating by Narrowing Down
- It’s time to vote
- What criteria can we use?
- Idea log
- Mock-up: What is it?
- Types of Mock-up
- Stakeholders and Elevated Pitch
4. Present Mock – up of Service Innovation Ideas to stakeholders
- Prepare your mock – up
- Group presentation
- ABCDE Method of refining Ideas
- Following up on an idea
Certificate Obtained and Conferred by
Participants who have successfully demonstrated competence in all the knowledge and skills requirements in this programme will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). This programme is offered on a modular basis only.
- Mapped to Service Innovation L1: Engage in Service Innovation Initiatives
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Trainer: Trainee Ratio is 1: 20
– Important Note –
Transition of Service Excellence Competency Framework (SVCF) WSQ to Skills Framework (SF)
Transition period is 18 months from 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020
From 1 April 2019, the Service Excellence Competency Framework (SVCF) WSQ will be transited to the Skills Framework Construct
- Each SVCF Skills Standard (SS) is mapped to a Technical Skills and Competencies (TSC) across Retail (SF), at the corresponding levels. Following the transition, all SOAs will reflect the respective TSC titles and Proficiency levels instead of the SVCF WSQ SS titles.
- Existing SVCF WSQ qualification titles and modules bundling will be retained
- Trainees who have commenced studies of qualification programmes accredited to SS are to complete the programmes within the 18-month transition period. Trainees will be awarded qualifications based on existing SS codes
- LHUB will offer SVCF WSQ modules (SS) till 30 June 2020
- LHUB will offer SVCF (SF) modules under SFw from 1 July 2020 onwards
- There should not be any WSQ courses based on SS from SVCF WSQ Framework from 1 October 2020
- For more information, visit SSG Website: www.ssg.gov.sg/wsq/industry-and-Occupational-Skills/ServiceExcellence-Competency-Framework.html
|Original Course Fee
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
^Applicable for Singapore Citizen ABOVE 21 yrs & BELOW 40 yrs old / Singapore PRs
For more information, please contact us at +65 6336 LHUB (5482) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you sign in to your SkillsConnect account, please use the course reference number CRS-Q-0040364-RET to find this course.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.