The education patterns have changed towards innovation, creativity and technical advancement. Similarly, there is also a shift in teaching pattern from theoretical to practical learning.
As such, learning is more effective when young children engage with it voluntarily; therefore, it is necessary for early childhood sector to incorporate interesting technologies to create attractive learning environments.
One way is to infuse Augmented Reality (AR) in the Early Childhood curriculum and the best part of integrating AR in early childhood learning is that it does not need complicated equipment, thereby increasing its usability for early childcare educators of all ages. It provides various ways of engaging their interest in learning, making classes fun and effortless for both children and educators.
This programme will benefit educators in their current and future work employment by equipping them with the skills of being able to create innovative storytelling activities, modernize their teaching methods, incorporate interesting teaching methodologies in their curricular and to enhance their career progression and employability.
Next available schedule
This course enables learners to increase their knowledge and experience of digital technologies like AR as a great resource for learning.
Learners will be able to understand the pros and cons relating to augmented reality.
Learner will be confident in selecting the best experiences (Digital tools/AR) and Virtual Cubes depending on their teaching goals and their students’ learning needs.
It is targeted at educators who would like to modernize their teaching methods and incorporate AR and Game-based technology into their lessons/sessions. The course is focusing on the pedagogical use of AR and Game-based technology in the educational process.
For Virtual Learning Classes, these are the admission requirements:
Trainings will be conducted on Zoom platform, thus webcam and microphone are compulsory
Applicants need to:
- Know the basic functions of a computer.
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Be comfortable working in teams and engage in positive discussion
- Each participant needs to have his/her own computer, SMART phone, a Facebook account, and Internet Connection. And it is expected that each participant has basic knowledge of using his/her device before the course.
Certificate Obtained and Conferred by
NTUC LearningHub Certification
- Incorporate Digital tools/Augmented Reality (AR) and technology into their curriculum in useful and creative ways for to enhance learning.
- Experience AR as a tool to engage students and bring learning to life.
- Deploy a lesson with the help of a mentor so that educators can return to the classroom ready to immerse their students with AR to enhance their learning and engagement confidently.
- Design authentic learning activities using Digital tools and AR that align with content standards and resources to maximize and deepen learning.
Schedule and Deliverable Competencies
- Student will be going through a 2.5 full day training, on technical, theoretical knowledge and hands-on project on AR.
Mentorship of Project Work
- 6 hrs of mentorship after training per class.
Target Training Numbers
- Minimum 12 - 15 pax to ensure effectiveness of learning outcomes.
Course Fees Before GST: $700.00
* Up tp 50% funding available subjected to funding eligibility.