Registration for October 2018 RES Examination is CLOSED!
June 2018 RES Exam Results Released on 26 Jun 2018
Candidates who have passed both papers in Jun 2018, may collect their certificates at our Bras Basah branch from 3 July 2018, 1pm onwards.
Please be advised to avoid peak periods like Saturdays and between 12nn to 2pm or 5pm to 6pm on Mondays to Fridays. Estimated waiting times may vary:
- e2i (Devan Nair Institute for Employment and Employability) – at least 20 mins
- NTUC Trade Union House (Bras Basah) – at least 30 mins
Under the new regulatory regime administered by the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA), one of the registration criteria for property salespersons is that they must pass the CEA’s Real Estate Salesperson (RES) examination or have equivalent qualification. This is to ensure that agents intending to do estate agency work are well qualified, professionally competent and be able to work effectively in the real estate industry.
As it is a requirement by CEA for the exam administrator to verify that all candidates meet the required pre-requisites, candidates will have to bring along the required documents (original RES course completion certificate, original highest qualification certificate, CEA qualification assessment approval email notification (applicable for overseas qualification only), results slips (for retakers only) and identification documents like NRIC &/or passport) and present them to of our customer service counters for verification before making payment.
Minimum requirements to take the RES examination are:
For New Industry Entrants
- Must have 4 GCE “O” Levels passes taken at not more than two sittings, and the passes must be for different subjects; or
- HIGHER NITEC; or
- WSQ Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (Speaking, Writing, Listening, Reading and Numeracy) = Level 5; or
- Candidate who wish to submit their qualifications (e.g. overseas qualifications, private diplomas etc.) for assessment by CEA to determine if they meet the minimum educational qualification requirement may do so through the Approved Course Provider (ACP) they intend to enrol for the RES course. An administrative fee of $53.50 (inclusive of GST) is payable for each application submitted. Candidates must complete the CEA Qualification Assessment Request Form and attach all supporting documents, and they must also produce the original documents to ACP for verification. CEA will inform the candidate of the outcome of the assessment.
- Qualifications assessed to be accepted in lieu of 4 GCE “O” Level passes, for the purpose of RES/REA course registration, RES/REA examination registration and registration to be a salesperson or KEO/practicing director, are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of CEA’s notification of the acceptance. A fresh application has to be re-submitted to CEA for qualification assessment once the 3-year period lapses.
- Must have successfully completed the new RES course
Repeat Candidates (Documents Required during Registration/Payment)
All pre-requisites documents, if any of the document’s validity has expired or if there are any changes / updates to the original documents previously submitted during registration.
- original NEW RES course completion certificate
if previous RES course completion certificate is beyond the 2 years validity period from the RES course completion date
- original NEW highest qualification certificate
if there are changes since previous registration (CEA qualification assessment will apply for private / foreign qualification)
- NEW CEA qualification assessment approval email notification (Applicable for private / foreign qualification)
if previous CEA qualification assessment email is beyond the 3 years validity period from the date of the CEA acceptance email notification
- Identification documents like NRIC &/or passport and
- Previous examination result(s)
- 2 Papers each (2.5 hours per paper)
- Paper 1:Section A: 50MCQs (50 marks), Section B: 15MCQs with reference 1 or 2 case studies (30 marks), Section C: 10
Fill-in-the-blank short answer questions (20 marks).
- Paper 2: Same format as Paper 1.
- Candidates must pass both papers.
Please be informed that all RES course participants are required to pass the RES examination, comprising of two papers, within 2 years from the date of issuance of the RES course completion certificate. Candidates who fail both Papers will need to retake the RES exam as a fresh candidate; i.e. need to take Paper 1 and 2 in a single sitting in their next attempt. Modular passing will apply only if the candidate has passed one Paper.
For candidates with a modular pass in one paper of the RES examination, they are required to pass the remaining paper within 2 years timeframe. Should they fail to do so, the modular pass in one paper will not be valid and candidates will have to re-take the RES course before attempting the RES examination (i.e. both paper 1 and paper 2) again.
RESULTS AND CERTIFICATE
The RES examination results are released 4 – 6 weeks after the examination is held. The process may be extended due to other relating factors such as the number of candidates taking the examination. A certificate will be issued to successful candidate. No replacement certificates will be re-printed for lost certificates, only a letter of confirmation of qualification attained will be issued upon formal request made.
EXAM OPENING & CLOSING DATES FOR REGISTRATION
|Month||Schedule Date/Time||Paper Type||Registration
|Oct-18||6 Oct, Sat (9.30am-12pm)||RES PAPER 1||3 Sep, Mon|
|7 Oct, Sun (9.30am-12pm)||RES PAPER 2|
RES EXAM SCHEDULE 2019
|Month||Schedule Date/Time||Paper Type||Registration
|Feb 2019||23 Feb, Sat (9.30am – 12pm)||Paper 1||28 Dec 2018, Fri|
|24 Feb, Sun (9.30am – 12pm)||Paper 2|
|Jun 2019||29 Jun, Sat (9.30am – 12pm)||Paper 1||17 May 2019, Fri|
|30 Jun, Sun (9.30am – 12pm)||Paper 2|
|Oct 2019||19 Oct, Sat (9.30am – 12pm)||Paper 1||6 Sep 2019, Fri|
|20 Oct, Sun (9.30am – 12pm)||Paper 2|
Under exceptional circumstances, the RES examination dates are subjected to change. All candidates are advised to check the exam timetable carefully with NTUC LearningHub, CEA’s Appointed Exam Administrator, prior to examination registration.
*Candidates cannot select their preferred examination venue.
*Registration for the next scheduled RES examination will commence upon completion of the previous examination.
#Registration and payment for each RES examination will close at 6pm or when full capacity is reached (whichever is earlier) on the last day to registration.