What is Operation & Technology Roadmap (OTR)?
An operation & technology roadmap that helps allocate resources to technologies useful for meeting identified business and market needs.
Why OTR Workshop?;
- Facilitates thinking about long-term goals and strategies.
- Identifies new products, services, processes, and suitable emerging technologies.
- Ensures the allocation of resources to new technologies is strategic and will have a direct, positive impact on the business.
- Matches short term, medium-term and long term goals to ensure specific technology solutions and resources are ready on time.
- Links SMEs to relevant public sector technology experts to help them navigate the diverse and emerging technologies
Benefits of OTR
Clients have reported the following:
- Achieved greater AWARENESS of their business environment.
- Facilitate group CONSENSUS on the company’s future direction.
- Identify GAPS in the company’s market intelligence.
- Understand the importance of R&D LINKAGES between technology resources and business drivers.
- Reduction in ROI RISKS in technology acquisition & development.
- Forster greater CONFIDENCE due to cohesive/coherent Business and Action Plan for future investment
Clarifying Strategic Process
A company Strategy establishes what the organisation will do to deliver value for which customers are willing to pay and how it expects to hit target revenues and profits. The strategy doesn’t answer all the questions required for implementation.
A Strategic Roadmap is a time-based plan that defines where a business is, where it wants to go, and how it can get there. It is a visual representation that organizes and presents important information related to future plans.
Strategic planning is an organisational management activity that is used to set priorities, focus energy and resources, strengthen operations, ensure that employees and other stakeholders are working toward common goals, establish agreement around intended outcomes/results, and assess and adjust the organization’s direction in response to the changing environment
OTR Methodology – 5 Step Process: