Specifically to equip learners with knowledge and application skills to follow Food Safety Course (FSC) Level 1. You must also practise good personal hygiene, using safe ingredients, handle and store food safely and maintain cleanliness and upkeep of utensils, equipment and service or storage areas.
Next available schedule
Preparing food for sale in SFA-licensed food establishments are required to attend and pass Food Safety Course (FSC) Level 1.
This course is conducted and assessed in English.
Candidates must be in proper dress code (e.g. no slippers, long hairs are tied up and no nail polish) and are encouraged to adhere to them when attending the course.
- Practise good personal hygiene
- Use safe ingredients
- Handle food safely
- Store food safely
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and premises;
- Legislation and case studies; Workplace safety
Certificate Obtained and Conferred by
Statement of Attainment (SOA) from SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee Ratio 1: 20
|Original Course Fee
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged
21 years and above
|Singapore Citizens aged 40
years and above
(Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy)
Food Safety Course Level 1
TGS Code: TGS-2020505630
Food Safety Course Level 1 (Synchronous e-learning)
TGS Code: TGS-2017501339
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding
- NTUC Union Members can use their UTAP Funding to offset course fee only after full deduction from their SkillsFuture Credit and PSEA funds (where applicable)
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 90% of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.