This course is meant for the drivers involved in the transportation and handling of hazardous materials on Singapore roads.
- Explain the 9 classes of hazardous substances and their identification
- Explain the purpose of legislation requirements on the transportation of hazardous materials
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of their drivers in any emergency
- Learn about Transportation Emergency Response Plan and emergency procedure guide
- Explain the basic principles of the chemistry of fire
- Know more about basic fire fighting
- Have more knowledge about practical training on a fire extinguisher
These are the admission requirements:
- NTUC LearningHub will need to clear your particulars with Central Enforcement Department (CED) under SCDF at least 3 weeks before the start of course. Thus, enrolments will be closed 3 weeks before the course date.
- For screening request, please fill up the lower portion of New Application OR Renewal form and submit together with your Registration.
- You are requested to be in long-sleeved attire for the practical portion of this one-day course, for safety reasons.
- Hazmat Transport Driver Permit
- Roles and Responsibilities as a Hazardous Materials Transport Driver
- Hazard Classes & Identification System
- Carriage of Explosives by Road
- Emergency Procedure Guide
- Transport of Radioactive Materials
- Transportation of Biological Agents & Toxins in Singapore
- Transport Emergency Response Plan (TERP)
- Emergency Procedure Guide
- Basic Fire Fighting Portable Fire Extinguishers
Certificate Obtained and Conferred by
Upon passing a theory test, you will receive a Statement of Test Results.
This will enable you to apply for a Hazardous Materials Transport Driver Permit (HTDP) from the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee Ratio 1: 40
|Original Course Fee
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged
21 years and above
|Singapore Citizens aged 40
years and above
(Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy)
SkillsConnect Code: CRS-N-0033489
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding
- NTUC Union Members can use their UTAP Funding to offset course fee only after full deduction from their SkillsFuture Credit and PSEA funds (where applicable)
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 90% of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.